Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hello Class of 1981!!!!


First of all, THANK YOU Carol...she put my name on here like I had something to do with it...well, I'v been a good cheerleader to Carol --but that's about it. Anyway!! We are hoping to get a good group of us together communicating here---who knows...we could even end up with a reunion sometime. Carol and I have so loved keeping in touch with each other through our family blogs, that when she had the brain storm to invite all of you...it just seemed too perfect. Obviously we don't have hardly enough e-mail addresses from our class, so please help us pass the word. We hope to see pictures of you and your families and hear about memories we want to remember with you. We are both anxious and eager to hear about your lives and experiences. I feel silly that I don't even have a family picture to share--YET. The top picture is my 4th child Spencer who is an avid golfer and 16. I have 5 children-a daughter who is 23 and 4 sons from 21-14...they are the LIGHT and LOVE of my life. I will post a family picture soon. Don and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary this year---seriously...could we have been married longer than I ever lived at "Home"? Time is too wierd for me. I swear I FEEL 18!!!I am a real estate agent and specialize in land and development. I am a marathoner, and may try TRI's this next summer. Had a nasty spill and the road rash has made me a certified wuss, so still thinking it over. I spend a fair amount of time with the High School PTA and I smile everytime I have a meeting because it brings me right back to good ole GHS. I still love to read and we could even have a recommended book list or book group through this site. I'm still quilting. I'm also a professional genealogist with my specialty being the British Isles. As my kids keep leaving I keep trying to fill up the spaces they are leaving. I really hate that they get to go off and have lives AWAY from me. But I love what they are doing with their lives, so I guess I really am glad. Just those dang empty spaces!!!
One of my favortie memories I'v been thinking of this week was the GIVING TREE we did at Christmas time our Senior year....somewhere I still have the notes that were left to me...AMAZING notes that were hysterical and made me feel so loved. That made me think of winning the State Football Championship, that makes me think of the bus ride home, ....okay....this could go on and on.
Hope to hear from you...and PLEASE...pass this site on.....AND POST A MESSAGE even if you don't post a picture!!!

3 comments:

Carol in Sweden said...

YEAH! You got on!
Glad we didn't give up on this blog thing!

Won't it be WONDERFUL when more people start to participate!? A virtual reunion!

Who will be next to join us here?
Guess we'll have to wait and see who shows up!

Hope everyone who stops by tells someone else! And the party will grow and grow!

Unknown said...

Hey, everyone: It only took me 33 years to find this thread. I'm still alive and teaching English at Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio, the armpit of the nation. No. Contrary to what all my peers predicted, I didn't end up in prison, after all. It's amazing to see so many beautiful pictures and read all the heartfelt comments. I send you ALL peace, love, light, strength and inspiration.

Contact me here, if you like:

Byron Crews, M.A.
Department: English Language & Literatures
Title: Senior Lecturer
Address: Millett Hall 493, 3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy.
Phone: 937-775-2149
Email: byron.crews@wright.edu

Unknown said...

Hey, everyone: It only took me 33 years to find this thread. I'm still alive and teaching English at Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio, the armpit of the nation. No. Contrary to what all my peers predicted, I didn't end up in prison, after all. It's amazing to see so many beautiful pictures and read all the heartfelt comments. I send you ALL peace, love, light, strength and inspiration.

Contact me here, if you like:

Byron Crews, M.A.
Department: English Language & Literatures
Title: Senior Lecturer
Address: Millett Hall 493, 3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy.
Phone: 937-775-2149
Email: byron.crews@wright.edu