Friday, January 16, 2009

A memory from GHS days

Bao wrote:
"Carol, here's a little story about Beth Feinberg that I can remember:
One of my fondest memories is in Ms. Wanninger's (sp?) Algebra I class. I was sitting up front (barely spoke English at the time). Ms. Wanninger was explaining something on the board. Someone was talking to Beth who was sitting behind me. Ms. Wanninger turned around and said "Beth! Quit talking or I am sending you to Dean Beard's office!". Beth replied:"But Ms. Wanninger, I wasn't talking; I was just listening!" Ms. Wanninger then replied: "Listening is a part of talking."

Some how that made such a funny impression to this little Vietnamese boy. I still use that story when coaching girls volleyball or teaching karate."


***************From Comment box********
Doug Fields said...

Hi Guys--

Checking in per Tosi! Great seeing this and I look forward to posting soon. Very groovy, surreal and nostalgic!!

Peace, Doug-

***************************************************

No comments: