Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Photos from Kiker, Rubin and Rosenlund

Here's Jeff and Amanda Kiker with their daughters Cecilia and Nicole on a family adventure!
Thanks for the happy photo, Jeff! Did you know that Liz & Kelley were married at the Sheraton Hotel and took their vows in the Gazebo by the pool? Not 20 feet from where they met at the 20th year reunion! (Liz worked at the Sheraton during our 20th Reunion Weekend!) While vacationing in the Dominican Republic last May, Kelley & Liz Rosenlund
took this cozy shot together....thanks for the photo!

Check out Mike Rubin with his flipper family in Fiji!
From an email:

Hi Carol,
It's surpisingly fun to see everyone's families like this, so I figured I'd lob some info onto the pile. I've been in California since graduating college; I met my wife in LA and we moved north, to Santa Cruz, where we live by the beach. We have two kids, Jonah (9) and Alina (6) and a dog (Bodhi). Jen runs our small chain of ceramics studios (Petroglyph Ceramic Lounge) and I do lots of odd jobs -- from writing books (see below) to teaching filmmaking to working at Netflix (where I spent the last 2.5 years). Right now I'm hanging with the kids, helping build our ceramics business, and consulting about "web 2.0", social networks and blogs. I still always have a camera (or now, a camcorder) nearby, and have been getting back into photography after a little hiatus. This photo is from our holiday card: Jen and the kids spent the fall living and going to school in Fiji while I remained in California (and played with the dog). I visited for a few weeks, and this snap is from one of those days. They're all back now, but miss the Fijian lifestyle...

My parents are still in G'ville and we visit rather randomly; it was great to be home last Thanksgiving (where I saw Maria and Linda and their families) and introduce my kids to the creeks in the ol' neighborhood... I also had a bit of a medical issue after the Sundance Film Festival last February in Park City, and found myself in a hospital hanging out with Steve Desautels (how lucky he's a doctor in Utah!)- always great to see him under any odd circumstances... anyway, the recent burst of beach activity aside, I'm still a geek and you can find me online most days.

My most current book has a blog:http://ldvb.blogspot.com/and many of the video illustrations in the book are just my home videos. There are links to the "sketches" on the right top of the blog. It's random family stuff too...

Cheers,
Rubin
********************************************
Thanks Mike for telling us more about your life! If you'd like to read more of Rubin's adventures you can click on this link : http://droidmaker.blogspot.com/
And you can click on this > Petroglyph Ceramic Lounge to see Mike's wife's business!

It''s super to get updates from people! KEEP THEM COMING! And get this REUNION together people! The more, the merrier!
Please email carol.doughty@telia.com if you, too, would like to join our virtual reunion!

No comments: